Welcome to the Parent-Teacher Association for Clinton, Connecticut, your local branch of the largest advocacy association in the nation. The PTA offers parents and teachers a powerful voice to advocate on behalf of every child. We provide the tools to help your children be safe, healthy and successful in the Clinton Public School System and in life.
- Parenting Discussion Group: Implicit Bias – March 2021In each of our subconscious minds there is implicit bias that can contribute to unwarranted attitudes, beliefs, and associations about groups or people. These stereotypes or “blind spots” can lead to actions based on racism, sexism, and other inaccurate beliefs. But what causes implicit bias to occur, and what can we do about it? What role do we play, as parents, caregivers, and students, in identifying and correcting implicit biases within our community? Join the Clinton PTA and Henry Carter Hull Library online ...read more...
- Dynamic Careers in STEM & Manufacturing- Feb 2021 – WATCH NOWDynamic Careers in STEM & Manufacturing” recording is now available! CT Chief Manufacturing Officer Colin Cooper shares industry overview and how manufacturing has transformed. Asst. Superintendent Marco Famiglietti leads an engaging Q&A with Colin, CEO/Presidents, employees (including Morgan grad), and Morgan staff (starts @19.20). Learn about opportunities with local, global manufacturers, what they look for (teaser: curiosity, willingness to learn, problem solvers, strong work ethic), and a typical day. Experience is not critical, manufacturers offer ...read more...
- Parenting in a Pandemic – Oct 2020Join us for the 3rd session of Parenting in a Pandemic on October 22, when we will hear from CPS administration and mental health staff about their Social and Emotional Learning program and how they’re addressing student concerns this year. This particular session focuses on Grades K-6. To register, please email email@example.com more...
CPS and Clinton Board of Education:
- Check CPS email and reopening info frequently
- Regular BOE meetings are held the first and third Monday of the month at 7pm, meeting schedule. For locations, call in information, agendas and minutes, check HERE. The public is welcome to attend and speak at the beginning of meetings.
- BOE Approved Budget 2020-21
PTA 2020-2021 Priorities
- School reopening advocacy. These are challenging times for CPS, parents, students and teachers. We are working closely with CPS to be a collective voice and provide needed educational support and resources. Get important updates and be part of the conversation on https://www.facebook.com/clintonctpta
- Programming will focus on mental health and social justice
- What’s important to you? Join the conversation on facebook!
- Membership runs July-June. Your support helps us advocate, provide programming and resources. There is no time commitment and we do not fundraise.
- New to PTA? Learn more about what we do and our accomplishments.
- Reminder to renew your membership (membership runs Jul thru Jun) or join today! Help support our programs, speakers, advocacy and mission.
PTA Board Members 2020-2022
We are pleased to announce our new board members, elected at the June membership meeting. Officers: President- Heather Moore, Vice President – Abby Roccapriore, Treasurer-Valerie Nye, Secretary-Kathy Tessman. Click here for a complete list of board members. Note we have open positions! If you have the time and the interest, we would be happy to teach you. A special thank you to everyone who has served the last two years and contributed to our PTA mission and growth.