Welcome to the Parent-Teacher Association for Clinton, Connecticut, your local branch of the largest advocacy association in the nation. The PTA offers parents and teachers a powerful voice to advocate on behalf of every child. We provide the tools to help your children be safe, healthy and successful in the Clinton Public School System and in life.
PTA Board Members 2020-2022
We are pleased to announce our new board members, elected at the June membership meeting. Officers: President- Heather Moore, Vice President – Abby Roccapriore, Treasurer-Valerie Nye, Secretary-Kathy Tessman. Click here for a complete list of board members. Note we have open positions! If you have the time and the interest, we would be happy to teach you. A special thank you to everyone who has served the last two years and contributed to our PTA mission and growth.
PTA 2020-2021 Priorities
- School reopening advocacy. These are challenging times for CPS, parents, students and teachers. We are working closely with CPS to be a collective voice and provide needed educational support and resources. Get important updates and be part of the conversation on https://www.facebook.com/clintonctpta
- Programming will focus on mental health and social justice
- What’s important to you? Join the conversation on facebook!
- Membership runs July-June. Your support helps us advocate, provide programming and resources. There is no time commitment and we do not fundraise.
- New to PTA? Learn more about what we do and our accomplishments.
- Reminder to renew your membership (membership runs Jul thru Jun) or join today! Help support our programs, speakers, advocacy and mission.
CPS and Clinton Board of Education:
- Check CPS email and reopening info frequently
- Regular BOE meetings are held the first and third Monday of the month at 7pm, meeting schedule. For locations, call in information, agendas and minutes, check HERE. The public is welcome to attend and speak at the beginning of meetings.
- BOE Approved Budget 2020-21
Check it out!
- Generativity AwardThe PTA established the Generativity Award in 2018 to honor members of Clinton community who have demonstrated a long-standing commitment ...read more...
- Clinton PTA $500 ScholarshipTo be awarded to one graduating Senior of The Morgan School! Applicant Eligibility: A current student or parent/guardian member of the Clinton ...read more...
- Parenting in a Pandemic – Session 3 of 6 – Oct 22, 6:30pm – ZoomJoin us for the 3rd session of Parenting in a Pandemic on October 22, when we will hear from CPS administration and mental health staff about their Social and Emotional ...read more...
- Education Advocacy Forum – Mar 10, 2020What’s important to you? Academics? Arts? Sports? Safety? Life Skills? SEL? Stress Resilience and Mindfulness? Special Education? Financial Literacy? School Start Times? Workshops? Role of Tech in Schools? State or National ...read more...
- Dyslexia Group Discussion – Dec 11, 2019Join Clinton parents and caregivers of children with Dyslexia and other conditions that affect reading abilities. We will have an informal discussion to share experiences, resources and support. ...read more...