How to Be Like DaVinci and Enjoy Both Sides of Your Brain – Ruth Sullo – Wed, Jun 4
We will learn how drawing, learning math, and being creative are all interconnected, and how these activities can reinforce each other. Parents can do a lot to foster this type of thinking in their students.
Leonardo saw himself as multi-talented, and so can we. The secret is in keeping our brains flexible, and using skills in one subject area to enhance how our brain works in another subject area.
Join RUTH SULLO Artist and Mathematician in exploring:
- The five secrets of mathematical thinking—that they never tell you!
- How to help smarty-pants kids who succeed at everything BUT math
- The fascinating difference between the brain and the mind
- The five worst things to say to a math-anxious child
- How to draw realistically, and how that skill can help a person do math
HENRY CARTER HULL LIBRARY – CLINTON, CT
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 2014 – 6:30 PM
Childcare available upon request: 860.669.7627 clintonpta.org