Beyond Measure – Film and Discussion – Tues, Oct 18 – Morgan Auditorium
Innovative schools on the cutting-edge of education reform show that it’s possible to transcend outmoded, test-driven education policies and create more equitable, empowering, student-centered schools.
“People need to be energized, they need to be inspired, and they need to have their imaginations fired up.” – Sir Ken Robinson.
- Imagine an education system that values personal growth over test scores. Inquiry over mimicry. Passion over rankings.
- What if we decide that the purpose of school is not the transmission of facts or formulas, but the transformation of every student?
- Meet the public schools that are daring to reimagine education. And making it happen.
In Race to Nowhere, director Vicki Abeles unveiled the dark side of America’s achievement culture. In her follow up documentary, Beyond Measure, Abeles travels to public schools across the country as they embark on a journey to transcend the limits of our outmoded, test-driven education system and create a more equitable, empowering, student-centered education culture from the ground up. By putting research and innovative models into practice, groundbreaking school communities are transforming how and what they teach. In chorus with experts including Sir Ken Robinson, Linda Darling-Hammond, Yong Zhao, Alison Gopnik, Jo Boaler and Daniel Pink, the change makers in Beyond Measure prove that both a new vision and a higher purpose are within reach for American education.
Watch the trailer below. Then watch the film with us on Oct 18th and join us for a lively discussion to follow!
- Tues Oct 18, 7pm, Morgan Auditorium
- New School/New Address – 71 Killingworth Turnpike (Rt 81), Clinton
Read more about the film HERE.