Public Hearing Apr 12, Referendum Vote May 10
Wed April 12, 7:00 pm: The Board of Finance holds its public hearing on the proposed town and education budgets at Town Hall. Please attend to voice your support. Every voice counts! Unfortunately, it’s scheduled during spring break. If you can’t make it, email your comments to BOF chair Jack Scherban at JScherban@clintonct.org NOW! He will read them into the minutes at the hearing.
How else can you help?
- Let us know you’d like to help Get Out The Vote (GOTV)! Ask Maria email@example.com to add your email to the list of those notified of GOTV happenings.
- Send a Letter to the Editor at Harbor News, sharing why you feel education budget should be supported – easy online form or if that is still broken just email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help us put out signs! We will also be making more at a sign making party, look for details on Facebook. Bring the kids to help! Interested? Contact Maria email@example.com
- Join our social media campaign. PTA plans to share critical facts daily on Facebook for you to share soon (don’t just like, SHARE to spread the message)
- Join our text campaign, urging voting age students to vote
- Wear your VOTE t-shirts. Don’t have one? Contact Laura: firstname.lastname@example.org Only $5
Budget Referendum VOTE Wed May 10th! Town Hall 6-8 pm. These votes are frequently decided by a handful of votes. YOUR VOTE MATTERS!! Remind your family, friends and neighbors to vote!!!! And join us at Town Hall any time during the day to show our unified strength and rally! Out of town on 5/10? Vote by absentee ballot in advance (due Apr 20). You do not have to be a registered voter, just need proof of residence. It’s quick and easy! Spread the word!